COVID UPDATES & LETTERS
Free School Meals
Given the current economic position and number of increased redundancies, some children may become eligible for FSM after schools have closed for the summer. The message below – advises what a parent should do if they become eligible for FSMs during the summer holiday period. If your circumstances change and you think your child is eligible for free school meals after the schools close for the summer break you need to apply for FSMs using the link below
If you are eligible, you will receive a notification confirming this. During school’s summer holiday period, you will be sent vouchers by Liverpool City Council on a fortnightly basis.
Important Updates regarding Covid-19 (2020-21)
Please click this link for a quick guide for important COVID 19 absence information: COVID Poster for parents
COVID-19 Public Health Liverpool update 11.9.20
I am writing to alert you to the worrying situation in Liverpool, where COVID-19 positive cases have been increasing rapidly and significantly in the last week. The total number of confirmed cases in the last 7 days is 303, an increase of 212 cases on the previous week.
Schools have put in place several important measures to help reduce the number children becoming infected. These measures are based on the best available evidence and guidance, and are fully endorsed by Liverpool City Council and the Public Health department:
We ask you continue to support schools by:
- Getting your child tested if they develop COVID-19 symptoms: high temperature, a new continuous cough, loss or change to smell or taste
- Ensure your child isolates for 14 days if they have had contact with someone who has tested positive. Isolation means they must not leave the house except in an emergency. Remember you should get your child tested if they do develop symptoms. But even if the test is negative – they must still carry on isolating for 14 days if they have had contact with a positive person.
- Wear face coverings over your mouth and nose when you pick up or drop off your children at the school gate plus when social distancing is not possible outdoors and indoors. By law, you must now wear them in most indoor settings including public transport, shops, post-offices, banks, beauty salons, visitor attractions and entertainment venues, libraries, community centres, places of worship and public areas in hotels
- Even when wearing a face covering you still need to social distance at the school at all times including drop off and pick up. You must stay 2 metres away from other adults and children.
- Where instructed stagger drop off and pick up times
- Wash your and your child’s hands with soap and water after pick up from school as soon as possible. Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water not available.
- Your child should limit group contact with friends over the weekend and when not in school.
This is an ever changing situation. As new information comes out we may need to change the guidance at short notice. Thank you for your continued support.
For further information visit: https://liverpoolexpress.co.uk/message-to-schools/
From Public Health Liverpool
Important Updates regarding Covid-19 (2019-20)