School Mission, Values & Ethos
At Monksdown Primary School, we aim to lay the foundations for life by offering a positive, rich experience for all pupils. We believe that all children are entitled to develop to their fullest potential – academically, socially, emotionally, spiritually and creatively enabling each child to grow in confidence to participate in the wider community.
Our vision is to develop confident young people who have compassion and an understanding for others. Our pupils aim to be Respectful, Resourceful, Resilient and Responsible.
We provide a happy, safe and caring environment that is stimulating, challenging, inclusive and enjoyable. We will achieve this by working closely in partnership with parents and the community in a relationship that puts the child first at all times.
- Provide a friendly, safe, stimulating and purposeful atmosphere, in which children can expand their experiences, develop their ideas and acquire knowledge appropriate to their age and ability.
- Provide a rich, relevant, broadly balanced curriculum that meets the needs of all pupils and prepares them to meet the challenge of their future with hope and confidence.
- Ensure that the whole curriculum is equally accessible to all pupils irrespective of gender, race, creed, material background, intellectual ability or physical disability.
- Provide lessons of the highest quality where all pupils are suitably challenged and make at least good progress.
- Provide a high quality Early Years curriculum which reflects our philosophy and commitment to the education of all pupils as a unique and vital stage within the education process.
- Develop in children a love of learning and a desire to continue to expand their knowledge and skills throughout life.
- Seek to involve parents as full partners of the school in the education of their children.
On behalf of everyone at Monksdown Primary School may I offer a warm welcome to you as prospective parents and pupils of our school.
Monksdown is a Community Primary School for girls and boys aged between 3-11 years; maintained by the City of Liverpool Education Authority.
Monksdown is at the heart of the Norris Green community and enjoys an excellent reputation. Our pupils are renowned throughout the city for their courteous manners and the way they conduct themselves in public. They are enthusiastic, keen to learn and give of their best at all times. It is our job, as their teachers, to see that their hopes and aspirations are fulfilled.
“We are happy about Monksdown Primary School. All teachers are very supportive, kind and concerned about every pupil’s progress”. “The pupils spoke with understanding about their school values of respect, resilience, resourcefulness and responsibility”. “They were also able to explain how these values help to promote equality and diversity”. Ofsted – March 2018
At Monksdown we strive to create and establish a safe, happy and secure environment. We aim to build strong and lasting relationships with parents so that our close partnership is seen as the way forward at all times.
Parents should always feel able to contact the school at any time should any queries or issues arise.
We look forward to a long and successful partnership.
Mrs J. Price