Special educational needs (SEN) and disability information
We must publish an SEN information report on our school’s policy for pupils with SEN and should update it annually.
We should update any changes occurring during the year as soon as possible.
The report must comply with:
- section 69 of the Children and Families Act 2014, including:
- the arrangements for the admission of disabled pupils
- the steps you have taken to prevent disabled pupils from being treated less favourably than other pupils
- the facilities you provide to help disabled pupils to access the school
- information as to the plan prepared by the governing body or proprietor under paragraph 3 of schedule 10 to the Equality Act 2010 (accessibility plan) for:
- increasing the extent to which disabled pupils can participate in the school’s curriculum
- improving the physical environment of the school for the purpose of increasing the extent to which disabled pupils are able to take advantage of education and benefits, facilities and services provided or offered by the school
- improving the delivery to disabled pupils of information which is readily accessible to pupils who are not disabled
- regulation 51 and schedule 1 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014 where appropriate
- section 6 of the Special educational needs and disability code of practice: 0 to 25 years
You can find details of what we must include in schedule 1 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014, and section 6 of the Special educational needs and disability code of practice: 0 to 25 years.