Please follow our Twitter feed on the right to find out about what we have been learning in Geography.
Our Geography curriculum is designed to develop children’s curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. Children investigate a range of places – both in Britain and abroad – to help develop their knowledge and understanding of the Earth’s physical and human processes. We are committed to providing children with opportunities to investigate and make enquiries about their local area of Norris Green and Liverpool so that they can develop of real sense of who they are, their heritage and what makes our local area unique and special. We are also developing the children’s ability to apply geographical skills to enable to confidently communicate their findings and geographical understanding to a range of audiences. Through high quality teaching, we develop the following essential characteristics of geographers:
- An excellent knowledge of where places are and what they are like, both in Britain and the wider world.
- An extensive base of geographical knowledge and vocabulary.
- Fluency in complex, geographical enquiry and the ability to apply questioning skills, as well as effective presentation techniques.
- The ability to reach clear conclusions and explain their findings.
- Excellent fieldwork skills.
- The ability to express well-balanced opinions, with good knowledge and understanding about current issues in society and the environment.
- A genuine interest in the subject and a real sense of curiosity about the world and the people who live here.
Geography in Action